The good life in Summer Hill, Clifton Park, NY37 BRITTANY OAKS -
- "BUMP-OUTS IN KITCHEN AND MASTER BEDROOM
- WALL OF WINDOWS ACROSS THE GREAT ROOM AND DINING AREA AND MASTER BEDROOM
- OPEN FLOOR PLAN
- HARDWOOD AND CERAMIC AND CARPETING
- 9' + CATHEDRAL CEILINGS
- MASTER SUITE WITH WALKIN CLOSET AND SPACIOUS BATH
- "WHOLE HOUSE" AUTOMATIC NATURAL GAS GENERATOR
- SUPPLEMENTAL WELL FOR OUTSIDE USE
- DECORATIVE GARDENS
- SUNNY DECK AND PRIVATE VIEW....
- Do you long for the days when life was a bit slower, the pace less hectic and the chores around the house were less onerous? Summer Hill Development in Clifton Park, New York allows just such a life. For the sum of $176.00 per month, about the same as the Time Warner bill, your grass is mowed (and the grass of all your neighbors) your snow is plowed (and, the snow of all your neighbors) and the Association land is maintained for your enjoyment. To fill the void caused by not having to do these chores, you can go hiking, biking, walking, cross country skiing, or just strolling on the Town of Clifton Park "bike path". There is an entry point just a couple hundred feet from your mailbox. This magnificent trail winds for miles and miles through acres and acres of open and wooded land, and down some pretty subdivision streets. However, if a cup of coffee, or a slight snooze in the sunshine is more appealing, you have a huge deck right off the spacious dining area adjacant to the kitchen. It looks out over your gardens which surround the deck and foundation plantings and the thousands of square feet of lush mowed and fertilized lawn. The gardens and the lawn are all irrigated by the underground sprinkler system and you own a supplemental private well which feeds additional sprinklers and hose bibs for outdoor use. Imagine, nearly free water for the garden, and the freedom to water essentially whenever you desire. In the near distance, past the lawn, is a rolling open area with a small space for surface runoff, which the wild ducks love, and beyond, a tree line and woods. Not a single residence is visible from this vantage point. While your property is certainly not desolate, in many regards it is extremely private.
The home is the sought after "ELM" model in Summer Hill. It was built with two "bump out" areas...one in the kitchen and one in the master bedroom to increase the total to roughly 1883 square feet of living space, plus the unfinished basement. Enjoy the sunny kitchen eating area with breakfast bar and enough room for a table for four. You can actually move your chair back from the table without hitting a wall. The bump out in the master bedroom affords extra floor space and allows for a comfortable chair or two, and loads of free space around the bed.
The kitchen is light and bright. Really good storage and plenty of countertop plus all the appliances...Range, Refrigerator/freezer, Dishwasher, Disposal, Built-in Microwave. And, best of all, the Great Room floor plan of the kitchen and living room and dining area allows folks in one area to be included in another.
The central hallway with durable hardwood flooring (maple I think) runs from the foyer and the formal dining room with space for a table for eight plus extra furniture, to the common bathroom, extra closet, laundry room with additional storage and entry to the garage, door to the basement, guest bedrooms and the Master Bedroom Suite. There are two doorways with French doors. One opens to the third bedroom (or office with closet) and the second to the Master suite with walk in closet, private bath with four grab bars, garden tub,separate shower with low threshold, double vanity and two medicine cabinets. Ceilings in the home run at 9' plus, and most are vaulted or cathedral; the floor plan is open and encourages smooth flow from one area to another. A very easy and comfortable home throughout.
The basement is very high and would give you the opportunity to convert some space to a craft room, or workshop, or first class exercise room. The sump pump has a battery backup for peace of mind, and the automatic natural gas fired generator provides power for nearly the entire home in the unlikely event that the National Grid electric power service is interrupted. Sewer and water service are provided by Town of Clifton Park with a privately owned supplemental well for outside use. There is a security system. Tax estimated with basic STAR.
Thank you for your interest, please do not hesitate to contact your broker, or me, with question or comment, or to schedule an inspection of this fine property.
Peter L. Daly (cell) 518-956-0059
- MLS® ID: 201403615
- Year Built: 2003
- Status: Sold on 7/1/2014
- Fireplaces: 1
- Foreclosure: No
- Estimated Annual Taxes: $6,386
- Neighborhood: Summer Hill
- Property ID: 103290280
- Beds: 3
- Total Rooms: 7
- Parking Type Description: Attached 2 cars
- Total Square Footage: 1,883 ($179.39 per sq. foot)
- Association Fee: $176
- School District: Shenendehowa
- Style: Ranch
- Baths: 2 (Full: 2 3/4: 0 1/2: 0 Other: 0)
- Stories: 1
- New Construction: No
- Lot Area: 0.30
- County: Saratoga