Kitchen remodeling sales were up 36% in the third quareter of 2011 according to the Kitchen & Bath Association. Why? The kitchen is the focal point in many homes. Here are some ideas for low-cost kitchen upgrades to spruce up a kitchen.
1) Hardware - replace cabinet hardware, such as handles, knobs and hinges as a quick do-it-yourself way to enhance kitchen space.
2) Faucet - so many options in terms of height, spouts, pullout hoses
3) Lighting - adding under cabinet lighting can have a dramatic effect
4) Organization - Practical and organized storage will go a very long way
5) Countertops - Laminate can mimic the contemporary look of granite at a much reduced price.