There are many things you can do to make your house look fresher and younger.
- Give the interior a fresh coat of paint. If you can't do the whole house, concentrate on the rooms that are most visible. The kitchen, family room or living room and maybe the master bedroom or largest bedroom.
- Change the light fixtures. If you have the old brass light fixtures, you might want to put in something less dated. Most light fixtures are pretty easy to replace and you can find some that are pretty inexpensive.
- Look at your faucets. Are they looking old and grimy. It might make a huge difference to have them replaced.
- Pull out the weeds in the front yard and put in some colorful flowers. If it's winter time, place something decorative by the front door.
- Make sure your front door isn't in need of a coat of paint. That's one of the first things a prospective buyer will see.
- If your house needs a good cleaning and it's more than you want to do, hire someone to do a thorough cleaning. It will pay for itself.
- Ask a Real Estate Agent to take a look at your house and give you his/her honest opinion.