If you think you want to put your house on the market in the spring, this is a great time to do those few things that can make your house sell faster and make it prettier without breaking your piggy bank.
- Replace the light fixtures that look old and dated.
- Change the doorknobs that look dented or scratched up
- Replace switchplates that are white or beige to something a little more exciting
- Clean up your faucets or change them if they're really showing their age
- If your walls are marked up and beyond cleaning, put on a fresh coat of paint. Try a warm neutral.
- Make sure your baseboards are clean and dust free.
All or any of these things can make a huge difference when someone looks at your house. It will look warm and cared for.