As a homeowner, one of the best resolutions you can make in the New Year is to keep up with maintenance in and around your property. This checklist will help you stick to that goal!
- Insulate all piping exteriorly exposed.
- Insulate your hot water tank with an insulation blanket.
- Install weatherstripping.
- Use a door sweep for extra insulation.
- Find air leaks around windows and seal them with caulking.
- Consider installing storm windows.
- Insulate your windows and install eco-friendly shades.
- Replace missing or damaged roof shingles.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Check flashing around chimneys and other roof protrusions for air leaks.
- Cover furniture and external air conditioners.
- Seal your deck before the wet winter ruins it completely.
- Drain gas from lawn mowers, leaf blowers and other outdoor equipment.
- Drain water from fountains.
- Shutting off water to sprinkler systems and blow compressed air through the system.
"5 New Year's Resolutions for a Happy Home", cnyrealtor.com