Spring and summer are the time that many buyers and sellers become motivated to enter the real estate market. The warm weather with longer days encourage buyers to look for a house that fit their need. On the other hand, sellers can take advantage of the weather and flowers to boost the appeal of their home. If you are thinking about putting your home on the market, here are some tips for you.
1. Clean your house and clear clutter- Before you put your home on the market, you need to clear the clutter that is sitting there over years. Clean one room at a time and donate/toss anything that you don't need anymore.
2. Research the market- get to know the selling price in your neighborhood and how long they stay on the market can give you an idea of your home value and estimate the time frame for sale.
3. Repair and improve- Doing some minor repairs and improvement inside/outside the house. Paint your wall with natural color and replace lighting fixture that are out of date.
4. Take off personal pictures/belongings- it will help buyers imagine themselves to live in your home.
5. Be realistic- Talk to a real estate professional and get a feel of the local market. Be realistic about the price and selling process.