There are many important reasons to use a REALTOR®. Some of the services your REALTOR® will provide for you include:
- Walking you through the process of selling your home from beginning to end.
- Providing comparable information about the prices for which other properties have sold and analyzing data for you to gain a true comparison.
- Supplying information regarding local customs and regulations you may want to consider.
- Sharing information about your home through the Capital Region Multiple Listing Service and on the Internet.
- Overseeing the marketing of your home.
- Handling inquiries and following up with potential interested purchasers.
- “Qualifying” potential buyers to make sure they would be financially able to buy your property.
- Negotiating the sales contract.
- Alerting you to potential risks.
- Complying with the disclosures required by law.
- Providing you with an estimate of the closing costs you will incur.
- Assist you during the contract to closing process.
- Helping you determine how much home you can afford. Often a REALTOR® can suggest ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods.
- In addition to knowing the local money market, can also tell you what personal and financial data to bring with you when you apply for a loan.
- Is already familiar with current real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of local zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- Will research your housing needs in advance through the CRMLS –even if you are relocating from another city.
- Showing you only those homes best suited to your needs–size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping and other personal preferences.
- Suggest simple, imaginative changes that make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value. Negotiating the sales contract.
- A REALTOR® is sensitive to the importance you place on this major commitment you are about to make. Look for a real estate professional to facilitate negotiation of a win-win agreement that will satisfy both you and the seller.