Follow these tips to make your home sparkle and stand out from the rest.
- Disassociate yourself with your home:you are selling it- it will no longer be yours so start now by stating this is not my home any longer, this is my House for SALE
- De-Personalize:Pack up personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyers can't see past personal items. You want buyer's to imagine their own stuff everywhere and you want buyer's to say, "I can see myself living here".
- De-Clutter:Either donate it or get rid of it especially if you have had no use for it in years! Let the house you are selling be free and clear of clutter. Pack it away if you want it but don’t leave it out.
- Rent a Storage Unit: Use this time to start packing all the items you don’t need to live in your current home and ship it off into storage. It gives you on a jump on moving also!
- Make Minor Repairs:repair holes in walls, spackle, paint where you can to neutralize, replace burned out light bulbs, re-caulk tubs, tile etc…
- Make the house SPARKLE!Make sure windows are cleaned and the house is thoroughly cleaned and odor free
- Last but not least…CURB APPEAL ON THE OUTSIDE no matter what time of year it is, make sure the home you are selling is welcoming to its new BUYERS!