Banana Split Brownie Pizza
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serves:8 to 10 servings
- 1 (20-ounce) box fudge brownie mix (Note: I use the dark chocolate kind)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced and tossed in lemon juice to prevent browning
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Chocolate ice cream topping or chocolate syrup, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 15-inch pizza pan. Prepare the brownie mix according to box directions. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove from the oven and cool. Beat the cream cheese, pineapple, and sugar together in a bowl. Use any reserved pineapple juice at this time, if needed, to soften the mixture to a good spreading consistency. Otherwise dispose of or save the juice for another use. Spread the mixture over the cooled brownie crust. Arrange the banana and strawberry slices over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping. Refrigerate. To serve, slice as you would a pizza, and enjoy!