Many people think that when the winter holidays are upon us, home sales take a break until the snow melts in the spring.
However, real estate experts agree that nothing could be further from the truth.
According to renowned real estate coach and trainer Bruce Keith, the winter holidays can actually be the PERFECT time to sell your house.
Here are 12 reasons why you should consider listing your house for sale over the winter holidays:
- Buyers who are looking in November and December are typically very serious home Buyers.
- Smaller supply for Buyers to choose from… better odds than at any other time of the year for a home Seller.
- Number of homes for sale in January and on will increase dramatically.
- A home that is decorated for the Holidays shows very well!
- Holiday emotionalism is also at a peak for home Buyers… more open to higher prices.
- Buyers looking during the Holidays typically have more time to look for a home than they do during a normal working week.
- Significant percentage of Buyers must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons. Often times in the case of a transfer, the buying decision must be “on the books” by the end of December.
- January is oftentimes the month for transferees to begin jobs. Homes must be on the market earlier to be available for those individuals.
- You can restrict showings at peak times of the month. Minimizes the inconvenience factor.
- Sell now for more money and arrange a longer closing. This will allow the home Seller to have a larger selection to choose from in the new year.
- Sell now, become a firm home Buyer and strengthen your negotiating position when the supply increases in the new year.
- Possible increase in interest rates can negatively affect prices.
Jim Kim is a licensed real estate salesperson for Coldwell Banker Prime Properties in Loudonville, NY and founder of The Idea Hunters.net, a Sales Training and Personal Growth Community for Success-Driven Entrepreneurs.