New York State School Entrance Requirements
A child entering kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before December 1st. Documents needed for registration:
- Proof of residency for the parent/guardian.
Accepted documents for proof of residency are:
- Current NYS driver’s license
- Current utility or telephone bill
- Signed lease agreement
- Notarized letter from the owner of the home where parent/guardian is living
- Closing papers for the purchase of a home
- The original birth certificate.
The name of the person registering the child must appear on the birth certificate. If the name is missing, the person registering must have Family Court papers proving custody. Notarized letter from parents is not accepted.
- Immunization record from a doctor or clinic.
- 3 Polio
- 3 DPT
- 2 MMR or 1 measles and 1 more dose of live measles vaccine
- Hepatitis B
- 1 Varicella (chicken pox)
For school district contact information, please select a county from the list below.
To receive detailed school information e-mail us with your name and the cities(s) or school district(s) you are interested in.