In 2012, over 100,000 homeowners appealed their property taxes in New Jersey – and nearly 70 percent succeeded in having their assessments reduced by $25,000.00 to $75,000.00 – thereby lowering their taxes in many cases by $10,000.00 over 12 years.
This seminar –- hosted by Peter Jordan of Prudential New Jersey Properties -- will help you determine if your property value is overassessed and explain what you need to know in order to successfully challenge your assessment in your township.
Topics will include:
- How individual property assessments and taxes are calculated
- Rules for determining if you have a winnable case
- How to choose the best comparable sales to defend your value
- Common pitfalls and problems that can lead to a permanent dismissal of your case – and how to avoid them!
Special guest speakers:
Real Estate Appraiser & Consultant (PAI Appraisers)
Real Estate Tax Attorney
* In appreciation for attending, each homeowner will receive a free, complimentary assessment of their current eligibility for a tax appeal.
When: Wednesday, October 9th, 7:00-8:30PM
Where: Greater Union County Association Of Realtors
767 Central Avenue (2nd Floor)
Westfield, New Jersey
Limited seating. Reservations required. Register online (only) @ njpropertytaxappeal.net.