Our real estate agents can tell you if there's one thing almost everyone wants in Albany homes for sale, it's plenty of storage. The living room is one spot some extra storage can make a difference. Since it's a common area, it's not unusual for clutter to quickly take over. You might have a variety of different things that you use in that area too, so staying organized is key. If you've been longing for some additional storage, try one or more of these ideas to add function and style to your living room.
- Look for multi-functional furniture and decor pieces. One of the best tips for the living room, especially if space is at a premium, is to look for pieces that serve more than one purpose. That way, you're not sacrificing function to add storage. You can still enjoy your living room as you usually do.
- Carefully reconsider your coffee table. The coffee table is an excellent place to gain extra storage because there are several ways you can do it. You can get a coffee table with a shelf underneath, one with drawers, one with a lift up top, or even repurpose a trunk or suitcases. Same goes for the end table. These are perfect places to store games, books, kids' toys, or an extra blanket.
- Add shelves. Shelves are a good choice because they're versatile. You can use them for storage and display. You can go for a free-standing bookshelf, floating shelves, or a wall of built-in shelves. Even an alcove or above the doorway can work too. Add a few baskets to the shelves to gather together loose items, and you're all set.
- Consider a cabinet. The living room isn't usually the first place people think of to add a cabinet. But a tall hutch can offer a convenient spot to stash just about anything. They are also useful for quick clean-up if you get unexpected guests.
- Increase storage around the TV. TV stands come in a variety of configurations and offer lots of extra storage. They're especially useful if you have extras like a gaming system, a Blue-Ray player, or you use a sound system with your TV. You can even repurpose another piece of furniture such as a dresser or buffet.
- Opt for a storage ottoman. These are also great for storing an extra blanket or two or kids' toys. Everything stays hidden away from view easily, and it can be used for extra seating too.
- Use a window seat with storage. These usually offer a lot of extra storage. There are ones where you can lift the seat up to access storage, ones with drawers on the bottom or ones that have open cubbies on the bottom with bins or baskets. It's a good spot if you have a few items that are a bit larger. Or it can offer extra storage for shoes or accessories like hats, sunglasses, and tote bags.
Adding extra storage to your home can help you stay organized and enjoy your living room a little bit more. If you're looking for a new home to enjoy with your family, Coldwell Banker Prime Properties can help you find it. Contact us today to get started.