Many of our Albany homes for sale boast spacious gardens and lovely back yards. When the bright blue skies and lush green lawns of Indian summer beckon you to heat the grill, you'll want to enjoy your feast on comfortable furniture. If yours is looking a little worse for wear, it may be a good time to replace it during the sales that typically take place in August and September. With so many options from which to choose, it makes sense to consider your lifestyle to determine what styles and materials are best suited to your needs.
Vintage Patio Sets
If you're fortunate enough to find a garden set that is 50-70 years old, there are several repair shops in Albany that can breathe new life into it for a reasonable price. Or, if you prefer, you can refurbish it yourself with a little elbow grease and fresh paint. Don't hesitate to brighten up your pieces with new pillows. Can't find an authentic set? You can easily find newly manufactured furniture in mid-century styles thanks to recent trends.
- Cast iron - Classic, elegant, and weather-resistant, this heavy-duty option will last for years with very little maintenance. Because they are difficult to move once placed, be sure to arrange them on patios or decks so mowing the lawn doesn't become a challenge.
- Wrought iron - Lighter than cast iron, they are also flexible, lending themselves to a diversity of designs. You can find them in vintage patterns as well as more modern options.
- Motel chairs - Called so because they were the typical style found around 1950s motel swimming pools, these time-honored beauties are making a comeback, but with more durable surfaces than their predecessors. Their light weight makes them easy to move. They stack quite nicely to store during the winter season.
- Adirondack chairs - In the early 20th Century, Thomas Lee, a frequent visitor from Boston, set about to invent a chair appropriate for relaxing outdoors in the Adirondack wilderness. He patented the plans and gave them to his friend to produce. With a few modifications over time, the chair continues in popularity nationwide.
Modern Outdoor Furnishings
The concept of outdoor rooms is not new, hailing as far back as ancient Roman gardens. In the early 20th Century, enclosed sunrooms allowed families to enjoy the fresh air while protected from insects and dusty weather. They served to create a breezeway to cool the house before air conditioning was an option. Over time, they have extended the comforts of indoor living to outdoor spaces. The decor ranges from simple patio furniture to luxury sofas for entertaining guests in comfort.
- Sofas, armchairs, and ottomans - Modern technology has combined durability with beauty to accommodate luxurious deep cushions for maximum comfort.
- Bistro tables and chairs - Perfect for couples and small families, these are perfect for breakfast in the sun or Saturday cookouts. They work well in small gardens or patios with limited space. If a gazebo or pergola isn't an option, an adjustable patio umbrella will greatly add to your comfort.
- Formal outdoor dining table - If entertaining is a large part of your life, you may choose to incorporate a large, formal dining table into your outdoor space. There are unlimited styles and materials to bring elegance to your space.
Our real estate agents have a myriad of houses to show you, just waiting for you to transform one of them into the home you have desired. Contact us to explore your options.