Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
- 1760 Union Street
Niskayuna, NY 12309
Welcome to my Website
If knowledge, Experience, Professionalism; and hard work are assets you are looking for in your broker, you need look no further! Meet Don Nichter-and The Nichter Team.
Buying or selling real estate is complicated. It isn't brain surgery, but does require significant skill and experience. There are a lot of "potholes" to watch out for.
Your broker must understand agency and contracts; negotiate purchase offers and adjustments; work with banks and attorneys; understand structural items such as wells, septic systems, foundations, easements, Seller's Disclosure requirements;and deal with inspections issues such as mold of radon, or other structural defects.
If you were considering knee surgery, would you look for experience and referrals or go with a "friend who just got into the business"? Think about it !
What we offer:
- 27 years of experience, listing and selling all types of property (residential;land;commercial and income producing)
- Consistently ranked in the top 2% of 650 Coldwell Banker Prime properties agents,and currently in the top 100 brokers (of 3,600) in the Capital Region of NY
- Member of multiple area and national real estate boards
- Additional training and expertise in such areas as: Financing; Appraisal; Land Development; Short Sales and Assessment Challenges
- Provide service to a number of area law firms, on estate and appraisal matters
- Former residential manager and staff trainer
- With team members Jan Cavoli- AAS, Mike Nichter- BS and MS ( each with 8 years experience)www.coldwellbankerprime.com/james.marshall2 there is always someone available to help a client
- Active community members and educators - Read on!
Don has a BS in Business as well as graduate degrees in Education and Administration(Doctorate of Education). He came to the real estate industry after 16 years in higher education (teaching and administration). He managed large staffs and multi-million dollar budgets; supervised construction projects and negotiated all manner of contracts. This varied experience has served him well in his real estate career.
Don's expertise goes well beyond listing and sales. In addition to being a top flight residential and relocation agent, his skill in analysis and finance has led him to develop a special ability to work with investment buyers and sellers. Additional training in appraisal methods and experience with tax assessment challenges has also proven to be beneficial to many clients.
If variety is the "spice of life" , you will understand why Don enjoys his work. While the average agent works in a 1-2 county area, Don has done business from Buffalo to Lake Placid to Massachusetts and Kingston. The large majority of his work is, of course, in the primary four counties of the Capital District. Every year our team works with 60 residential buyers and sellers. Over the years Don has also developed residential and commercial subdivisions; gained variances and special use permits; located and constructed commercial sites for local and national firms and secured IDA (industrial Development Agency) funding and housing tax credits for various projects. Few agents in the region have this breadth and depth of experience.
Don is also a multiple income property owner, which allows him to empathize and work well with income property buyers and sellers.
Married with two grown children and 6 grandchildren, Don's life outside the office, has always been about family, community service and athletics. A former Division I college athlete himself, he spent 15 years as an officer and coach with 2 local youth sports organizations, while his children were growing up, (Highland Soccer and Tartan Basketball). Don also spent 30 years as a sports office-football; soccer; basketball; track.
Don has 7 years of military experience in the Army Reserve, where he received local and national recognition for his service. He worked with the Town of Glenville on the acquisition and development of the river front park and chaired the Highland Soccer committee that built the community soccer fields at the park. He has served on special school committees, and been board member of such organizations as Rotary International; Red Cross; United Way and Youth Services Shelter (which he helped establish). He has also been recognized for his active blood donation - (17 gallons).
Team members Mike ( Don's son) and Jan, add their own background. Mike is a former college soccer player at Ithaca. He teaches middle school and coaches ( high school and youth programs), and is a board member at an area pre school. He organizes his school's blood drives, many fund raisers and coordinates the "Anti Bullying Program". Jan has worked with Cub Scouts; PTA; Scotia Glenville crew team and the Glenville Republican Committee.
Active participation in a wide range of sports as a player (court; water; snow) has given way to fewer sports and more activity with the grandkids. Golf, tennis and bowling are primary sources of recreation today.
- BS- Business Administration
- MS-Counseling and Guidence for Education
- Doctorate of Education
- Residential listing and sales
- New construction listing and sales
- Residential listing and sales
- New construction listing and
- Income property listing and sales
- Commercial listing and sales
- Relocation specialist
- Land development
- Commercial site location and construction
- Commercial leasing
- Estate Appraisals
- Tax Challenges
Coldwell Banker Prime Properies Market Update August 2010
Click on the video below