Top 10 Pet Facts of Economic Impact
1) 57% of American households own a dog or a cat.
2) The United States has the highest percentage of households with cats or dogs out of 20 major nations.
3) Nine in ten pet owners say they consider their pet as a member of the family.
4) About 27% of pet owners claim to have taken their pet to a professional to have a picture taken.
5) About one third of dog and cat owners have their pet's picture displayed in their homes.
6) 16% of dog owners and 14% of cat owners say they brought a car or home with a pet in mind.
7) Americans spend $5 billion on pet holiday gifts.
8) 36% of dog owners give their pet birthday presents each and every year.
9) 45% of owners set up a special bed for their pets.
10) In one third of households, the dog goes along on family vacations.
Now you Know!
Pet Lover.... Doris Halko, Associate Broker Coldwell Banker Prime "DORIS OPENS DOORS!"