It's getting cold out. It's time to start getting ready for the holidays. It's a time for decorating and putting up lights, family get-togethers and visiting, vacations, etc. This is not the time most people think about selling their homes. Actually, many people want to wait to sell their houses until after the holidays.
Here are 10 reasons why you list your home NOW:
1. There is less competition from other sellers, making your home stand out.
Buyers are more likely to find your home.
2. Fewer options also means a better chance of a higher offer.
They will have fewer options.
3. Wintertime prospects are more motivated; they have to move.
Would you go out looking in the winter if you didn't have to?
4. Holiday decorating makes your home show better.
You get to showcase your home, just by decorating it the way you normally would.
5. Statistics show that this season has one of the highest listing-sold to listing-taken ratios.
Houses don't languish and expire unsold.
6. Your holiday festivities do not have to be impacted; you may restrict showings during your
personal family events.
You control when people are allowed to see your house. Just let me know and I can have buyers choose
another time to visit.
7. You have the option to negotiate a delayed closing or extending occupancy
until the beginning of the year.
You don't actually have to move out during the holidays, and you can use possible extra time off to pack.
8. More buyers have time off, giving them more time to house-hunt.
Many people are taking their vacations, so they have time to look.
9. January is traditionally the biggest corporate transferee month, and since most can't wait
until spring, you must be on the market to capture this type of buyer.
If a buyer needs to be in a new home in January, they will be looking during November and December.
10. Getting your home sold in winter positions you to find your next home in the spring.
You can look for a new home without the stress of needing to sell your house first.
... and a bonus
11. Interest rates are still at historic lows and are projected to increase in the next year.
This makes your home more affordable NOW to prospective buyers.
Call Michael Delman day or evening for an appointment so we can get your home on the market, and get it sold! 640-4349