What Does Clifton Park Have to Offer?
The truth of the matter is - plenty!
Here is an overview of the schools, communities, housing statistics and various facts you may not have known about this suburban town.
The Town of Clifton Park in Saratoga County is found in the heart of the Capital Region of New York. It measures 50.2 square miles and is adjacent to Schenectady and Albany Counties. With I-87 (the Northway) passing through the eastern portion of town, getting to anywhere is quite easy.
There are many recreational opportunities for both youth and adults alike such as football, baseball, softball, lacrosse, soccor, basketball, wrestling and hockey. Clifton Park also hosts the Babe Ruth World series for boys baseball every four years. There are also annual Winterfests where you can find the "Clifton Park Idol" in various age groups.
Approximately 2/3 of the town is serviced by the Shenendehowa Central School district, whose main campus covers about 232 acres of property along the southerly portion of Route 146. In addition, the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central School District and the Niskayuna Central School District cover the northwest and Southwest corners of Clifton Park respectively
While Shenendehowa is the largest school district in Saratoga County, its achievements include three New York State Championship titles for their football program, two Men's Soccer National Championships and six NYS Federation Men's Cross Country Championships.
Elementary Schools: Kargon, Orenda, Tesag, Skano, Okte, Chango, Arongen and Shatekon
Middle Schools: Gowana, Acadia and Koda
High Schools: High School West (9th grade only) and High School East (10-12 only)
Communities found in the town:
- Ballston Lake – A hamlet in the northwest part of Clifton Park, located at the south end of a lake named Ballston Lake.
- Clifton Park Center – A hamlet in the vicinity of town hall. A shopping center, previously the Clifton Country Mall, shares the name.Includes indoor shopping, movies, and food court, as well as a strip mall section with shops and restaurants.
- Colonie Reservoir – A reservoir in the southern part of the town.
- Country Knolls - A hamlet and on the town's northern border near Round Lake.
- Elnora – A hamlet north of Clifton Park Center hamlet on Route 146A
- Flagler Corners – A hamlet east of Clifton Park Center.
- Grooms Corners – A hamlet in the southwest part of the town.
- Jonesville – A hamlet north of Elnora.
- Rexford - A hamlet ear the west town line and the Mohawk River.
- Round Lake – A lake, the southern part of which is in the northeast corner of the town.
- Ushers – A location south of Round Lake on the Clifton Park - Halfmoon.
- Vischer Ferry - A hamlet on County Road 92, located near the Mohawk River in the southern part of Clifton Park.
- Real Estate
Clifton Park is known as a "bedroom community" with 13,782 households and many offerings of housing styles nestled amongst various communities. Year to date in June 2010, Saratoga County has enjoyed an appreciation level of 5.6%. The town has also enjoyed an increase of 27.9% in the number of closed sales in June 2010 as compared with June 2009.