There are many important reasons to use a REALTOR®. Some of the duties your REALTOR® will perform for you include:
- Walk you through the process of selling your home from beginning to end.
- Provide information about the prices for which comparable properties have sold and analyze data for you to gain a true comparison.
- Make suggestions for what you can do to make your home more marketable. With large inventories of homes for sale, it is important to stand out among the competition.
- Supply information regarding local customs and regulations you may want to consider.
- Share information about your home through the Capital Region Multiple Listing Service and on the Internet.
- Field customer interest calls.
- “Qualify” potential buyers to make sure they would be financially able to buy your property.
- Negotiate the sales contract.
- Alert you to potential risks.
- Comply with the disclosures required by law.
- Provide you with an estimate of the closing costs you will incur.
- Help you prepare for a smooth closing of the transaction.
- Help you determine how much home you can afford. Often a REALTOR® can suggest ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods.
- In addition to knowing the local money market, a REALTOR® can also tell you what personal and financial data to bring with you when you apply for a loan.
- Is already familiar with current real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of local zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- Will research your housing needs in advance through the CRMLS –whether your are moving locally or relocating from another area.