Some interesting numbers were published by NYSAR (New York State Association of Realtors) recently. You may be surprised by some of the stats:
- The percentage of first-time home buyers in the Northeast (According to the National Association of REALTORS 2011 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers) 43%
- Typical age of first-time buyers in 2011 - 31 years old
- In 2011, typical age of repeat buyers increased to 53 years of age (up from 49 in 2010).
- Nine out of 10 home buyers purchased a home through a real estate agent.
- The percentage of people who had a down payment greater than 20 percent (according to the October REALTORS Confidence Index) - 34%
- Estimated percentage of immigrants who will own homes in 2030 - 70.3% Should that projection be accurate, the percentage of immigrants who will own homes will be on par or slightly higher than native-born Americans.
- The predicted average square footage of a US home in 2015 - 2,152.