|Color Trends: How to Decorate Using Emerald|
|By Stacy Chandler|
|RISMEDIA, Wednesday, January 30, 2013— (MCT)—It’s not hard to conjure up a vision of emerald, Pantone’s pick for 2013 Color of the Year.
It’s all around us in summer, dressing up the trees in a hue that sparkles against a blue sky. And the gemstone never goes out of style at jewelry stores.
But it’s not always easy to incorporate such a bold color into your home décor. So we asked decorators to give us some ideas for bringing this gem of a color down to earth.
Allan Chapman, Allan Chapman Interiors, Charlotte, N.C.:
“The color emerald green exudes elegance and sophistication, rich in its layers and endless variations.”
• Upholster your sofa in a rich emerald hue, in a cotton-velvet. It will create a wonderful backdrop for pillows in lighter silks and linens.
• Paint your study, library, den or dining room in glossy emerald paint. For a dramatic effect, accessorize with metallic accents such as gold picture frames, sconces or a vibrant chandelier.
• Update an otherwise neutral room with emerald window treatments in solid silk. Simple, pleated panels hung from a gilded rod will add instant glamour.
• Accessorize with pops of emerald. Try a pair of emerald green porcelain lamps, or malachite green picture frames, boxes and carved figurines.
Andrea Robinson, Andrea Robinson Interior Design and Consulting, Charlotte:
“I associate the color emerald with elegance. It is rich, lush and regal.”
• To create a bold, striking contrast, paint an entire room in emerald with crisp white trim. Ground the space with a graphic black-and-white rug and neutral upholstery.
• Turn a neutral setting into an exotic space by introducing emerald upholstery and an antique rug.
• Emerald green can be incorporated into an existing environment with artwork, lamps and glassware.
• If you are just beginning a room, consider an emerald velvet sofa as the inspiration piece.
• If you just want to freshen up an environment, add a variety of emerald pillows to existing upholstery for a quick and easy update.
Davetta Moore, Davetta Moore Designs, Concord, N.C.:
“Emerald is commanding but nurturing all at the same time.”
• Paint the walls in a foyer, hall, den or library.
• Use the color on an upholstered piece of furniture.
• Update an old dresser and paint it emerald green.
• Paint an antique chair frame emerald, then add new fabric.
• Use plants, flowers, fruit or vegetables as a way to include the color gree
Emerald is picked for Color of the Year!
- January 30, 2013
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
- May 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (4)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (11)
- October 2011 (3)
- appetizer (4)
- Best Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe Ever! (1)
- Chicken Marabella Recipe (1)
- Chili recipe (1)
- Coldwell Banker Commercial (1)
- Daylight Savings Time (1)
- Dessert Recipe (4)
- Downsizing (1)
- Farmer's Market (2)
- Guilderland (2)
- Halloween (2)
- Healthy Recipe (2)
- Home Selling Tips (2)
- March Newsletter (1)
- money (1)
- Mortgage interest rates (1)
- Orecchiete with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe (1)
- Real Estate (9)
- Real Estate Market in the Capital District (6)
- Recipe (15)
- Recycling (2)
- RMHC Radiothon (2)
- Safety Tips (2)
- Saving money (1)
- Toys for tots (1)
- Turkey Tips (1)
- Veteran's Day (1)
- Volunteers (1)
- Winter Blahs (1)