Fultonville, NY is a small village located in the town on Glen, on the south bank of the Mohawk River. It's located west of Amsterdam and is sometimes referred to as South Fonda. It's a safe, conservative place to live where the neighbors are friendly and watch out for each other. This is an excellent place to raise children and is popular among both families and retirees.
Start shopping for Fultonville, NY homes for sale.
Sign up to have new listings in Fultonville, New York sent directly to your inbox.
With a population of just 595, Fultonville is a very small and quiet community with a rural feel. It's also a family town. The median age here is 32.2 and 61% of households have children under the age of 18. Residents of Montgomery County voted Democratic in the year 2000, then voted Republican in the following four presidential elections. The demographics here are primarily white (95%), multi-racial (4%), and Hispanic (2%).
Housing in Fultonville is very affordable. The median home value is $85,200, which is 54% lower than the national average and 70% lower than the average in New York state. Approximately 69% of residents own their homes while the other 31% rent. Those who rent pay a monthly average of $785, which is 18% lower than the average across the United States. Browse the newest real estate listings in Fultonville, NY.
Schools in Fultonville have a 79% high school graduation rate and school test scores are equal to the U.S. average. The top public schools in the area are Fonda-Fultonville Middle School, Fonda-Fultonville Senior High School, and Fonda-Fultonville Elementary School. Find homes in Fultonville by school district.
The cost of living in Fultonville is 22% lower than the state of New York and 9% less than the national average. The median household income here is $47,188 and the income per capita is $21,302. The most common industries are educational services (15.2%), retail trade (15.0%), healthcare and social assistance (14.1%), manufacturing (12.3%), and accommodation and food services (9.4%).
Fultonville is popular among those who enjoy spending their time outdoors. Residents and visitors both enjoy visiting Bellinger's Orchard and Hummingbird Hills Winery. There are also several small family-owned restaurants and shopping venues. Those who need more will find that larger cities with plenty of other amenities are just a short drive away.
If you're interested in exploring homes in this area, our Fultonville realtors are here to help. Contact us today to discuss your goals and get started!
Residential Market Trend Graphs